The Pre-Examination Training Centre of the Assam Administrative Staff College was established in 1985, with an aim to provide coaching to the aspirants from Assam for Central Civil Services (IAS etc.) conducted by UPSC.
Vision of the Centre
- To raise the level of awareness of the trainees about the plan and course content of the UPSC Examination
- To build up the capacity of the trainees to take various tests and writing practices as part of the strategy of preparation for the UPSC examination.
- To raise the level of self-confidence and motivation of the trainees.
- To prepare and train the students to compete at the all India level.
Mission of the Centre
- To have a group of professionals who can guide and help the deserving trainees in clearing the UPSC examination
- To have a lengthy training programme for the trainees
- To make available the resources of a well-stocked library of study materials, books, journals, news papers and supporting aids
Strategy of the Centre
- To select deserving trainees through wide publicity to appear in the Selection Test for admission to the training programme.
- To tap the expertise of professional resource persons available in the state for the benefit of the candidates in Assam.
- To invite guest faculty from outside Assam who are associated with some of the well-known coaching institutes in the country and are familiar with the latest trends of the UPSC examination.
- To invite newly-recruited as well as other IAS/IPS officers of Assam/Meghalaya cadre for interactive sessions or classes with the trainees to give insights into preparing for the UPSC examination.
- To make available the resources of the Assam Administrative Staff College library as well as to procure relevant books, magazines, newspapers and study materials as required.
Smti Vijaylakshmi Barua, ACS
Joint Director of Training
Assam Administrative Staff College
Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22
Phone No.: 9864058501