- The PETC aims to prepare and train the students to compete at the all India level in the Civil Services Examinations
- Applicants have to appear in the Selection Test for admission to the training programme
- The training programme is roughly from September/October to last week of April every year
- Professional resource persons as well as guest faculty from all over the country mentor and train the students
- Coaching programme is non-residential
- Excellent facilities including air-conditioned classroom with audio-visual facilities in a healthy academic ambience.
- there will be a Book Grant for candidates clearing the prelims
The Pre-Examination Training Centre of the Assam Administrative Staff College was established in 1985, with an aim to provide coaching to the aspirants from Assam for Central Civil Services (IAS etc.) conducted by UPSC.
- Advertisement regarding the selection exam is placed in leading newspapers and the official AASC website
- Applicants apply and then appear in the selection exam
- Results are announced. 60 candidates are chosen and course begins from Sept/Oct to april of the next year.
- Degree holder from a recognised university may apply.
- Candidates must have attained 21 years of age and not attained the age of 32 years on 1st August, of the current year.
- Upper age limit relaxable upto 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
- General candidates securing 60 (%) percent and reserved category candidates securing 55 (%) percent marks in the degree examination.
- Reservation of Seats for ST(H), ST(P), SC and OBC as per government Rules.
Selection of Candidates:
Applications are invited through advertisement in local papers in August as well as Assam Administrative Staff College website. Candidates are selected for admission into the Centre on the basis of a written test conducted by the Institute on General Studies (objective type questions). Maximum marks for the paper will be 200. Total number of questions will be 100 (all multiple choice)
Rs.5000.00 (Rupees Five Thousand only) one time fee for the entire course in the form of Demand Draft in favour of Director of Training, Assam Administrative Staff College, Society. Refundable Library deposit fee Rs.2000 (Rupees two thousand only ).
- Degree certificate and marksheets of recognised University
- Birth Certificate
How to apply:
Application to be made in the application form which will be available at the time both online and in hard copy from the College.
The candidates shall have to submit copies of all relevant testimonials along with a passport size photograph on the day of submission of application. Original Certificates will have to be produced by the candidates at the time of their admission to the coaching classes.
Type of Service:
The form has to be downloaded, filled and submitted to the Centre. As of now, it is not an online service.
Forms to be filled:
Sample Application Form
Smti Anindita Kashyap, ACS
Joint Director of Training
Assam Administrative Staff College
Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara
Guwahati - 781001